Turrets allow you to have a weapon system, controlled by a BOBBY AI Module and capable of firing independently, attached to your vessel. Turrets can fire in many directions. In the current build the turret is not protected by your vessel's SD Shield Disperser (if any are fitted) and must be fitted with their own defensive SD Shield Disperser and power to resist attack. Pirates attack the Ship Core so a turrets Ship Core is vulnerable to attack, protect it on the turret.
Start by having a ship already built. If you don't have a ship yet, read the Beginner's Guide to learn how to build a ship.
At a shop purchase:
- 1 Ship Core
- 1 Turret Docking Unit adding a Turret Docking Enhancer to the build for even larger turrets.
- Computer (Weapons Computer, d1000 Missile CPU, etc.)
- Weapon (Anti-Matter Cannon, d1000 Missile Array, etc.)
- SD HCT xm3.4 Power modules (optional, see below)
- 1 BOBBY AI Module
 Building the Turret, Placement, BOBBY AI Module Activation
- Go into Build Mode in your main ship by pressing the SPACE bar on your keyboard. Add the Turret Docking Unit to your vessel. Exit Build Mode by pressing the Space.
- Exit your ship, press R, then move a short distance away and press X to drop the new Ship Core. Name it something topical like 'turret_AMC_1'.
- Enter the new Ship Core by pressing R after you get near to it.
- Go into Build Mode in the turret by pressing the SPACE bar.
- Place the SD HCT xm3.4 Power modules, BOBBY AI Module, computer module then weapons in your chosen configuration.
- NOTE: If you do not place SD HCT xm3.4 Power modules on the turret the turret will draw power from the vessel it is docked with. Also, keep the Ship Core exposed so that it can dock with the main vessel. The Bobby AI Module must also be adjacent to the blocks you wish it to control, such as the ship core so it can aim, and the weapons CPU so it will shoot.
- Exit Build Mode by pressing the SPACE bar.
- Press T and assign the docking beam of the turret a number, such as 1, on the hot key bar so you can activate it.
- Fly the turret near the Turret Docking Unit on your main ship then aim at the Turret Docking Unit and activate the Docking Beam by pressing the left mouse button.
- You should now be 'attached' to the Turret Docking Unit on the main vessel. Press T and assign the weapons of the turret to button 1 now, erasing the docking beam assignment.
- NOTE: If you activate the Docking Beam again this will detach you from the Turret Docking Unit without giving you any indication it is doing so. Removing its assignment prevents accidental detachment of the turret.</i>
- Exit your turret, press R, then move near to the BOBBY AI Module of the turret and aim at it so you can press R to activate the BOBBY AI Module
- NOTE: Keep the BOBBY AI Module exposed so that it can be activated and de-activated.
- When you press R to activate the BOBBY AI Module choose AIM AT (choose Selected Target or Any), then TYPE (choose Turret). Tick the 'Active' check box. Click the 'X' to exit the menu and press R to leave the Bobby A.I.
- Re-enter your ship and go test the newly attached turret.