A change to Template:Block
I suggest a slight addition to Template:Block. A "full name" section. Most of the blocks have longer more technical-sounding names. i.e. Ship Core = SchemaDyne 01000x StarShip Core.
Just a suggestion. Pika3323 (talk) 08:49, 21 July 2013 (EDT)
- Good suggestion, I've edited the template and already added the new fullname= parameter to the Ship Core.
- --Mastergalen (talk) 08:57, 21 July 2013 (EDT)
For blocks such as hulls and lights, where there are various colours it'd be best to animate the image in the info box (Like the Minecraft Wiki)
However, that would require the StringFunctions extension.
Could you look into this? Pika3323 (talk) 14:46, 27 July 2013 (EDT)
- StringFunctions has been integrated into ParserFunctions.
- --Mastergalen (talk) 14:57, 27 July 2013 (EDT)
- Now fixed, see Template:Animate
- --Mastergalen (talk) 06:54, 29 July 2013 (EDT)
"Blablabla CPU" or "Blablabla Computer"?
18:53, 30 July 2013 (EDT)
- Oranguntanium - duplication/wrong name on Orangutanium. Oranguntanium - extra letter.
- File:Ice leaves.png - wrong name. Just delete it. I've made a mistake in the name when uploading a file. Ice leaves instead of Ice Leaves. - It's right file.
We're still getting some spam, despite having ReCAPTCHA during registration. I found a few articles/extensions regarding what other wikis do to stop spam in case you'd be interested:
- Thanks for the suggestions, but those are all already implemented. Spamming software such as XRumer is able to solve ReCaptchas and some spam can still pass through the blacklist.
- EDIT: I've added external blacklist servers, which greatly expand the known list of spammer hostnames, so that should filter out some more spam.
- --Mastergalen (talk) 09:14, 8 September 2013 (EDT)
Am I correct in thinking that the existing block renders are outdated now?
10:18, 19 April 2014 (EDT)
- Unfortunately, with the new textures it does mean that all block renders are indeed outdated...
- --Mastergalen (talk) 09:19, 20 April 2014 (EDT)
- I'll get on it. Should Realistic, Cartoon, or Pixel textures be used? 10:26, 20 April 2014 (EDT)
With "Normal" map (bump map)
Left: With bump map (I also adjusted lighting settings due to some horrific lighting issues)
18:31, 22 April 2014 (EDT)
I am unable to upload a new grid icon for the 0C Cloaker because "This page has been protected from editing, because it is included in the following page, which is protected with the ‘cascading’ option turned on:". How shall I proceed?21:04, 22 April 2014 (EDT)